Lyme Bay Arts is an artists’ and makers’ organisation. Its mission is to build a sustainable member-based platform for individual practitioners and community organisations within West Dorset, East Devon and South Somerset to collaborate in exhibitions, workshops and social events.
Who we’re for
Lyme Bay Arts is for artists and designer makers from the local area, in all visual disciplines, regardless of experience and ability. It is a non-profit Community Interest Company partly run by volunteers, on whose time and skills we rely to make things work.
Lyme Bay Arts aims to provide spaces for local artists to develop their work, meet their public, and exchange knowledge and resources. Our unique philosophy is to host short focused exhibitions stewarded by the exhibitors in local towns and villages.
What we want to do
- Invite local artists and makers to join us.
- Support inexperienced people to develop a body of work and exhibit it confidently.
- Develop a programme of solo, duo and group exhibitions in selected local spaces, initially in Lyme Regis and Seaton, but venturing further afield.
- Provide workshops and mentoring opportunities for business and artistic practice.
- Become recognised as an important part of the local arts scene.
- Develop links with other local and regional arts organisations.