What’s on – now and next
Our programme is somewhat restricted by the inevitable COVID-19 guidelines, but we are running exhibitions both at the Sou’sou’west Gallery at Symondsbury and at the Lyme Regis Museum. Workshops are currently on hold, however…
Below you’ll find a taster of our programme for the next few weeks. Please visit our sister site SouSouWest for more details of our gallery exhibitions and opportunities to buy online.
In the galleries
Normal opening hours at Symondsbury are 10.30am-4.30pm, Thursday-Monday, but please check beforehand if you are travelling a long way to visit in case of COVID restrictions.
There is plenty of free parking at Symondsbury and entry to the galleries is also free.
- Bringing Art to Life 5-23 Nov, an open exhibition of 2D and 3D artwork that celebrates colour and form.
- Norman at 90 26 Nov-13 Dec. A retrospective of the paintings by Dorset-based librarian and art teacher Norman Saunders-White.
- Unwrapped 28 Nov-18 Jan. A showcase of locally made 2D and 3D arts and crafts ideal for gifts.
- In from the Cold 17 Dec-18 Jan, artists join together for their annual midwinter exhibition of recent artwork.
We currently have a schedule of exhibitions in the Rotunda of the Lyme Regis Museum – please check the museum’s web site for details of current opening times, currently 10am-4pm Wednesday to Saturday. You do need to pay the admission charge to see the work, but this gives you free entry for a whole year so you can come back to see the next ones!
- Telling Tales! – 21 October – 5 December 2020
- Big Skies, Distant Views, 9 December 2020 – 23 January 2021
- Tues 26 Jan-Sun 14 Mar PAULINE SAYERS
- Tues 16 Mar-Sun 2 May JAN FAIRBAIRN-EDWARDS
- Tues 4 May-Sun 20 Jun TRISHA HAYMAN
- Tues 22 Jun-Sun 8 Aug MANDY SELHURST (tbc)
- Tues 10 Aug-Sun 26 Sep ANNIE WARD